Kelly practices labour, employment, administrative, and human rights law. She has participated in numerous arbitration hearings and matters before the Labour Relations Board. She has also appeared before the Court of Queen’s Bench and Provincial Court of Alberta, as well as Alberta Human Rights Tribunals. During law school, Kelly was a research assistant for the Alberta Law Reform Institute, where she assisted in the research and writing of several papers, including assisting with the Rules of Court reform project.
Kelly joined Chivers Carpenter in early 2016. Prior to joining the firm, Kelly practised employment law at a mid-sized Edmonton law firm and labour law as in-house counsel in the public sector.
Kelly’s interests include running, hiking, travelling, and enjoying Edmonton’s river valley.
- Admitted to the Bar of Alberta – 2009
- LLB, University of Alberta, 2008
- B.Comm, University of Alberta, 2003 (with distinction)
- Member, Labour and Employment Section, CBA North
- Co-Chair, Women Lawyers Forum Section, CBA North
Volunteer and Community Involvement
- Board member of the Rotary Club of Edmonton Urban Spirits (2004-2014)
- Edmonton’s NextGen Committee, Sustainability Co-Chair (2014)
- Pro Bono Students Canada, Volunteer Advising Lawyer, Edmonton (2011-2013)
- Edmonton Community Legal Centre Volunteer (2012-2013)
(Please note that if you are not a client of Chivers Carpenter at this time, your email and any information you send are not protected from disclosure by solicitor/client privilege. Additionally, our receipt of your email does not of itself establish a solicitor/client relationship.)